Wednesday, December 23, 2009

THE FEBRUARY 27- MARCH 6, 2010 FSOT

The window of opportunity....has knocked? This year I decided to change my life. I have applied to take the US Department of State's Foreign Service Office Test. If I pass the test and am eventually selected for the position, I would be a Management Officer serving my country overseas by running embassies. Since my track is Management I have a good opportunity to be seated for the exam, according to the pasted information from DOS. My wife and I call it DOS, like uno, dos... it is a catchy phrase. The DOS opportunity allows me to serve my country again (dos) and start my second career (dos).

Seat scheduling for the February test begins for candidates who have completed their Registration. Invitations to schedule seats are issued by career track, and then on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is reached. Career tracks
management and economic will
be invited first, followed by consular, and
then political and public diplomacy.

I am writing this blog to capture my adventure, my forray into the realm of diplomatic relations. This is the goal of my evolution.

Let's try and keep up...

No comments:

Post a Comment